The CLST full height maximum security turnstile cuts no corners. Unlike competitive models that use individual parts that must be bolted together during installation, the integral sections of the CLST are delivered fully welded, creating a solid, secure and structurally sound product. The clear side panels in aluminum frames enhances the appearance and improves sight lines. Details matter, especially when manufacturing a full height security turnstile to stand the test of time.
The CLST full height turnstile comes in both manual and electric lock control versions. Both are richly appointed with standard features that are expensive options on competitor products.
The electric model provides bi-directional access control in conjunction with a facility access control system or any device that can provide a dry contact output (such as a push button). The turnstile comes with attachment points for card readers and each direction can be configured as either fail-safe or fail-lock. In operation, when a valid credential is presented, the turnstile unlocks, allowing a single controlled rotation in the requested direction. Unauthorized entries, or attempts to tailgate on an authorized entry, are deterred.
Both the manual and electric lock versions have built in override controls that provide additional flexibility. Passage directions can be set for free passage, controlled passage or locked down.
Integrating the CLST full height electric turnstile into your facility is quick and easy. The CLST integrates with virtually any access control or visitor management system and accommodates a wide array of credential readers. A dedicated fire system input is provided and passage outputs can be monitored to validate passage after activation, or to provide accurate people counting. The result is a full height security product that thousands of facilities worldwide rely upon for superior access control and visitor management.
CLST full height turnstiles provide secure and safe operation. Built-in speed control self-adjusts to the pushing force of the user. Even when a user pushes hard on the turnstile arms, the speed of rotation is controlled. This increases safety and reduces the chance of a rapidly spinning rotating section catching a user’s heel. In addition to controlling the rotation speed, Alvarado’s speed control also greatly reduces kickback of the rotating section toward the user when the turnstile relocks. After each passage, the rotating section smoothly returns to the home position and locks in place, ready for the next user. The unique cam design of the CLST also makes it mechanically impossible for a user to get locked inside the turnstile.
In secured applications the CLST is typically configured for fail-lock in the entrance direction and fail-safe in the exit direction. When power is removed from the turnstile this prevents people from entering but allows personnel to exit. Turnstiles configured for fail-lock in the exit direction can also provide free egress using local key override controls. Other ordering options are available and changing between fail-lock and fail-safe is easily accomplished in the field. A dedicated input for fire systems also provides free egress in the event of emergencies.
All weather arm and heel pads are available to slip over select arms on the rotating section for additional safety.
The CLST full height security turnstile is independently tested and certified by LA Testing Labs. It is also CE marked.
- Crystal clear side panels in an aluminum frame
- Welded steel construction with no exposed bolts or fasteners
- Stainless steel top channel cover and internal parts
- High quality sealed and covered bearings
- Splined connection between the rotating section and top channel assembly provides a precision fit that minimizes play
- Rugged electronics with full-featured turnstile controller, conformal coated for enhanced weatherization protection
- Suitable for outdoor environments
- Dozens of options and several finishes available
- Single or bi-directional control
- Electric lock control and manual versions
- Independent fail-safe or fail-secure operation
- Speed control to provide a controlled, safe rotation
- Automatic self-centering prevents over or under travel of rotating section
- Built-in override controls
- Rugged turnstile controller integrates with any access control system
- Low maintenance
- Simplified integration to access control and visitor management systems
- Flexible credential reader attachment options allows use of existing readers familiar to users
- Dedicated fire input and various other available I/O
- Override controls for operational flexibility
- Easily change turnstile passage mode
- Speed control provides a safe, controlled rotation and smoothly self-centers rotating arms
- Anti-entrapment design
- Free egress in emergencies or loss of power
- Optional heel / arm guards for select rotating section arms
- Better sight lines and more aesthetic look
- Best in class security
- Designed for long term continuous usage
- One-to-one passage control deters tailgating
- Great looking product, regardless of finish
- Easy to install and easy to maintain
- Secure and safe
- Intuitive for users and staff
- Integrates easily with access control systems
- Can be operated in unattended applications
- Controlled rotation minimizes physical abuse, banging and wear on components
- Simple to change between fail-safe and fail-lock operation