Alvarado Crowd Control Gate SW500
The SW500 includes camera-based motion detection that opens the gate when movement is detected, providing motorized single direction entry or exit control. The SW500 can also be activated to open using a push button or key switch.
The SW500 pedestrian gate is an ideal crowd control gate to provide entry or exit control in retail facilities, health clubs, or any indoor location where pedestrian flow control is required.
Smooth operation and programmable features
The SW500 motorized, microprocessor controlled, pedestrian gate provides single direction entry or exit control. The SW500 provides a 36″ passage width, or two gates can be installed in tandem (Model SW500T) to create a 72″ opening width.
The pedestrian gate has a powerful brushless DC motor that opens and closes the gate smoothly. As patrons or carts approach the gate, a camera-based motion detector detects the movement and the gate opens. If additional motion is detected while the gate is open, the gate remains open. If motion is detected while the gate is in the closing cycle, the gate will reopen.
If the SW500 is pushed or pulled open in the opposite direction, it can be programmed to sound an alarm and, if desired, output a dry contact for remote notification or activation of other devices.
Various SW500 gate features, including opening and closing speed and dwell time can be customized by the user. Push buttons or key switches can be integrated into the operation of the SW500 to allow for activation by attendants or store personnel.
- Motorized – touchless – operation
- Precisely defined motion and detection areas using camera-based technology
- Provides shopping cart and customer access
- Directs patron and shopping cart traffic flow
- Used properly, can adhere to most public accessibility requirements
- Powerful brushless DC motor provides smooth opening and closing
- Various safety features
- Fire system input automatically opens barrier in emergency conditions
- Select operational functions are adjustable, including opening speed and passage hold-open time