Alvarado SU2000 Barrier-Free Optical Turnstile
Featuring a highly intelligent optical detection system, the extremely compact SU2000 barrier-free optical turnstile is a great option for access control or time and attendance applications. For count-only applications, please visit our SU500 product page.
The SU2000 barrier-free optical turnstile has a very compact cabinet that saves valuable floor space. Its slim profile, attractive brushed finish stainless steel cabinet and solid surface lid creates a very upscale look suitable for nearly any environment. Both standard and handicapped passage width configurations have the same cabinet dimensions.
The SU2000 optical turnstile provides barrier free bi-directional access control in conjunction with a facility access control system. To enter, users present a valid credential which allows a single passage in the requested direction. Unauthorized entries, or attempts to tailgate on an authorized entry, are deterred through local and remote alarm signals. For people counting applications without access control requirements, please see the SU500 optical turnstile in the related products section below.
The SU2000 optical turnstile incorporates into your facility with very minimal effort. It integrates with virtually any access control or visitor management system and accommodates a wide array of credential readers. Dedicated fire or life safety system inputs are provided and outputs can be used to turn on cameras, lock interior doors and provide remote notification. The result is a barrier-free solution that provides superb access control and visitor management for facilities worldwide.
Alvarado’s GateKeeper Monitoring and Control software allows operational management of SU2000 optical turnstiles over a TCP/IP network. Among its many features, GateKeeper allows authorized personnel to change lane configurations and provide override activations for special circumstances such as visitors and deliveries. Passage directions can also be changed (and individual turnstiles opened or closed) at pre-defined times to increase passage flow or heighten security during busy or slow periods.
By nature of the design, a major advantage to the SU2000 barrier-free optical turnstile is just that – it’s barrier free. Since there is no barrier, free egress is always a possibility in the event of emergencies. Also included is a dedicated input for fire / life safety to deactivate the alarm output during emergencies. And since the same unit can be configured for either standard or accessible lane widths, it’s safe and easy to accommodate all types of traffic.
- Slim and compact cabinet design
- Same cabinet size for standard and handicapped width lanes
- Highly intuitive LED illuminated user graphics
- Multiple cabinet finish and lid color options
- Advanced tailgating, crawl under, wrong way, presence and tampering detection
- Audio, visual and controller level interfaces
- Multiple operation modes
- Upload custom .wav files for alarm signals
- Virtually maintenance free
- Simplified integration to access control and visitor management systems
- Flexible credential reader attachment options allows you to use existing readers familiar to users
- Dedicated fire system input
- Multiple outputs available (i.e. counting, alarms) for streamlined integration with other 3rd party systems
- TCP/IP enabled for remote communication and control of turnstiles
- Barrier free design prevents entrapment
- Dedicated input for fire / life safety deactivates alarm for free egress
- Standard and handicapped passage width options provide safe passage for all persons
- Slimmer cabinets equals more lanes in tighter spaces
- Easily match surrounding décor
- Clear user graphics eliminate confusion
- Secure and cost effective – minimizes staff requirements
- Intuitive operation for attendants and users
- High throughput rate (up to 40-60 ppm) to eliminate bottlenecks
- Unit can be easily configured to suit facility security requirements without having to purchase new equipment
- Integrates easily with 3rd party systems (i.e. cameras, guard signals)
- Audible alarms notify nearby security personnel of invalid entry attempts to create a more secure environment
- Easy to install and provides years of trouble free operation