Alvarado SU3000 Drop Arm Optical Turnstile
Featuring tandem motorized drop arm barriers, the latest optical detection and motion control technologies, and a super slim cabinet design, the SU3000 drop-arm optical turnstile provides a great solution for your entry control needs.
The newly redesigned SU3000 drop arm optical turnstile is another great looking product from Alvarado. Its slim cabinet design requires very minimal floor space. The brushed finish stainless steel cabinet and solid surface lid create a very upscale look for nearly any environment. Another advantage of the SU3000 drop arm optical turnstile is it uses the same cabinet size for both standard and handicapped passage lane configurations.
The SU3000 optical turnstile provides bi-directional access control in conjunction with a facility access control system. To enter, users present a valid credential which retracts the turnstile’s motorized barrier arms down and into the cabinet, allowing a single passage in the requested direction. Unauthorized entries, or attempts to tailgate on an authorized entry, are deterred. The turnstile has a number of operational modes and features that provide a superb combination of security, safety and high user throughput.
The SU3000 optical turnstile can be incorporated into your facility with very minimal effort. It integrates with virtually any access control or visitor management system and accommodates a wide array of credential readers. Dedicated fire or life safety system inputs are provided and outputs can be used to turn on cameras, lock interior doors and provide remote notification. The result is a drop arm optical turnstile solution that provides superior access control and visitor management for facilities worldwide.
Alvarado’s GateKeeper Monitoring and Control software allows operational management of SU3000 optical turnstiles over a TCP/IP network. Among its many features, GateKeeper allows authorized personnel using a laptop, PC, tablet or similar device to change lane configurations and provide override activations for special circumstances such as visitors and deliveries. Passage directions can also be changed (and individual turnstiles opened or closed) at pre-defined times to increase passage flow or heighten security during busy or slow periods.
The embedded intelligence and advanced hardware of the SU3000 provides highly evolved safety features. The strategically placed safety sensors are constantly monitored to instantaneously stop the moving panels if a potential contact is detected. In the highly unlikely event of a contact, our powerful closed loop motor drive system detects the impact and immediately stops the moving arms. The drop arms can be forced downward to meet local life safety regulations. When the optical turnstile receives a fire/life safety input, the arms drop and remain open until reset. In the event of power loss, the barrier arms drop freely and/or with minimal force to allow free egress.
- Slim cabinet design
- Same cabinet size for standard and handicapped width lanes
- Shared center cabinets to create multiple lane configurations
- Highly intuitive LED illuminated user graphics
- Multiple cabinet finish and lid color options
- Barrier arms restrict access to valid users only
- Drop arms open quickly upon validated credential and close after passage
- Advanced tailgating, crawl under, wrong way, presence and tampering detection
- Audio, visual and controller level interfaces
- Upload custom .wav files for alarm signals
- Brushless closed loop DC drive system
- Multiple operation modes
- Virtually maintenance free
- Simplified integration to access control and visitor management systems
- Flexible credential reader attachment options allows you to use existing readers familiar to users
- Dedicated fire system input
- Multiple outputs available (i.e. counting, alarms) for streamlined integration with other 3rd party systems
- TCP/IP enabled for remote communication and control of turnstiles
- Strategically placed safety sensors prevent drop arm impact with persons or objects
- Intelligent drive system and pinpoint control of moving drop arms
- Arms drop freely upon loss of power or state of emergency to allow free egress
- Slimmer cabinets equals more lanes in tighter spaces
- Cabinet and lid options match any décor
- Visual indicators provider users with clear direction of lane operation
- Secures space and ensures only valid users gain entry
- Provides the ability to track who is in the facility
- Reduces security staff requirements
- Alarms allow nearby staff to respond more effectively
- Intuitive operation for attendants and users
- High throughput (up to 40-60 ppm) rates to eliminate bottlenecks
- Quick and precise drop arm movement and alignment – no need for constant adjustments
- Integrates easily with 3rd party systems (i.e. cameras, guard signals)
- Easy to install – provides years of trouble free operation