Alvarado SU3500 Retracting Barrier Wing Optical Turnstile
A product of choice for customers worldwide, the SU3500 wing barrier optical turnstile with retracting panels now features Alvarado’s latest technologies for optical detection and motion control. The SU3500 is another great option to solve your access control needs.
The SU3500 wing barrier optical turnstile exterior features a brushed finish stainless steel cabinet and solid surface lid to create a very upscale look for nearly any environment. The crystal clear bi-parting panels / wings provide a very sleek look that can be customized even further with etching of logos or other graphics. The entire unit is complemented by highly intuitive gate end signals and user notification / card activation displays. Additional customization options include alternate lid colors and cabinet finishes.
The SU3500 optical turnstile provides bi-directional access control in conjunction with a facility access control system. To enter, users present a valid credential which retracts the turnstile’s motorized barriers into the cabinet, allowing a single passage in the requested direction. Unauthorized entries, or attempts to tailgate on an authorized entry, are deterred. The turnstile has a number of operational modes and features that provide a superb combination of security, safety and high user throughput.
The SU3500 optical turnstile incorporates into your facility with very minimal effort. It integrates with virtually any access control or visitor management system and accommodates a wide array of credential readers. Dedicated fire or life safety system inputs are provided and outputs can be used to turn on cameras, lock interior doors and provide remote notification. The result is a retractable panel optical turnstile that provides superior access control and visitor management for facilities worldwide.
Alvarado’s GateKeeper Monitoring and Control software allows operational management of SU3500 optical turnstiles over a TCP/IP network. Among its many features, GateKeeper allows authorized personnel using a laptop, PC, tablet or similar device to change lane configurations and provide override activations for special circumstances such as visitors and deliveries. Passage directions can also be changed (and individual turnstiles opened or closed) at pre-defined times to increase passage flow or heighten security during busy or slow periods.
The embedded intelligence and advanced hardware of the SU3500 provides highly evolved safety features. The strategically placed safety sensors are constantly monitored to instantaneously stop the moving panels if a potential contact is detected. In the highly unlikely event of a contact, our powerful closed loop motor drive system detects the impact and immediately stops the moving retractable panels. The panels can be forced inward to meet local life safety regulations. When the optical turnstile receives a fire/life safety input, the panels retract and remain open until reset. In the event of power loss, the barrier panels retract freely via spring tension and/or with minimal force to allow free egress.
- Crystal clear bi-parting panels / wings
- Highly intuitive LED illuminated user interface graphics
- Shared center cabinets to create multiple lane configurations
- Handicapped passage width lanes available
- Multiple cabinet finish and lid color options
- Optional panel etching
- Retractable wing barrier panels restrict passage to authorized users only
- Barrier panels quickly open/close to provide authorized passage
- Upload custom .wav files for alarm signals to notify nearby personnel
- Advanced tailgating, crawl under, wrong way, presence and tampering detection
- Audio, visual and controller level interface
- Brushless closed loop DC drive system
- Multiple operation modes
- Virtually maintenance free
- Simplified integration to access control and visitor management systems
- Flexible credential reader attachment options allows you to use existing readers familiar to users
- Dedicated fire system input
- Multiple outputs available (i.e. counting, alarms) for streamlined integration with other 3rd party systems
- TCP/IP enabled for remote communication and control of turnstiles
- Strategically placed safety sensors prevent retractable panel impact with persons or objects
- Intelligent drive system and pinpoint control of moving bi-parting panels
- Panels retract freely upon loss of power or state of emergency to allow free egress
- Secures space and ensures that only valid users gain entry
- Provides facility with the ability to track who is in the building
- Intuitive operation for attendants and users
- High throughput (up to 40-60 ppm) rates to eliminate bottlenecks
- Quick and precise panel movement and alignment – no need for constant adjustments
- Integrates easily with 3rd party systems (i.e. cameras, guard signals)
- Easy to install and provides years of trouble free operation
- Panel etching provides branding opportunities
- Cabinet and lid options match any décor
- Clear user interface graphics eliminates confusion