Alvarado SU4500 Swinging Barrier Optical Turnstile
The SU4500 is Alvarado’s most compact barrier optical turnstile. Designed for high-end facilities where space is at a premium, the SU4500 has a compact installation footprint but doesn’t compromise on security, performance or looks.
The SU4500 is a stunning combination of security, safety, and aesthetics in a form-fitting installation footprint. Compact cabinetry combined with liberal use of crystal-clear materials provides a modern look that accentuates installation areas. The attractive look of the SU4500 can be further enhanced through an optional lighting package which allows users to illuminate the side panels (and the top and end lights, if desired) in any RGB color and create unique transition effects. Provided configuration software allows users to change lighting colors and transitions.
The SU4500 swinging barrier optical turnstile provides bi-directional access control in conjunction with a facility access control system. To enter, users present a valid credential which opens the turnstile’s motorized barriers away from the user, allowing a single passage in the requested direction. If an unauthorized user attempts to tailgate on a valid entry, or attempts to enter without authorization, the integrated sensors recognize the illegal passage attempt and sound an alarm. The SU4500 has a number of operational modes and features that provide a superb combination of security, safety and high user throughput.
The SU4500 is an IP enabled device. Core turnstile settings are adjusted in the field using an included browser-based application. Using a PC, tablet or smartphone, configurable features – such as audio sounds, motor settings, detection settings, tailgate settings, and alarm timer settings – are set and changed over a TCP/IP network. For installations where turnstiles are not networked, configuration changes are easily made by plugging directly into the turnstile’s configuration port.
The SU4500 provides highly evolved safety features. Strategically placed safety sensors are constantly monitored to instantaneously stop the moving panels if a person or object is detected. In the highly unlikely event of contact with a moving panel, our intelligent closed-loop motor drive system detects the impact and immediately stops the moving panel. The drive system offers variable panel holding force to balance security with local life safety regulations. When the optical turnstile receives a fire/life safety input, the barriers open in the exit direction and remain open until reset. In the event of power loss, the barrier panels can be moved freely with very minimal force.
- Compact 38″ cabinet length
- Optional edge-lit LED illumination with user programmable transition effects
- Accepts all types of credential and biometric readers
- Add center cabinets to create multiple lane configurations
- Integrates to new or existing access control system
- Crystal clear swinging and fixed side panels
- Cabinet finish and lid color options to blend with any environment
- Custom etching and illumination options
- Card in/card out; card in/free exit; either or both directions closed for use
- Superior unauthorized passage and unauthorized presence detection
- Motorized panels open quickly and smoothly away from the user
- Download configuration changes and custom audio sounds over a TCP/IP network
- Brushless closed loop DC drive system
- Software adjustable panel holding force and operating speed
- Multiple operation modes
- Designed for continued use and maintenance free performance
- Strategically placed sensors prevent panel impact with persons or objects
- Closed-loop drive system provides pinpoint control of moving panels
- Free egress in emergencies or upon loss of power
- Software adjustable panel holding force
- Highly intuitive for users and attendants
- Increases security ensuring only valid users gain access
- Integrates easily with access control systems
- Supports very rapid throughput
- Stacks access credentials and processes access control system signals instantly
- Quick and precise panel movement and alignment – no need for adjustments
- Easy to install – provides years of trouble free operation
- Compact footprint for environments where space is at a premium
- Automates employee and guest entry
- Transparent panels look great and increase visibility
- Fast user throughput
- Etching and illumination options provide unique branding opportunities