Beneath an elegant exterior design lies a true powerhouse of technology. The SU5000 with bi-directional motorized swinging barriers is the culmination of Alvarado’s many years of optical turnstile design experience.
The SU5000 is simply a beautiful product. Its rounded lines, contoured edges and liberal use of crystal clear materials create a very upscale look. With the industry’s slimmest cabinet design, the SU5000 optical turnstile’s very compact footprint allows for more lanes in areas where space is a premium.
The SU5000 optical turnstile provides bi-directional access control in conjunction with a facility access control system. To enter, users present a valid credential which opens the turnstile’s motorized barriers away from the user, allowing a single passage in the requested direction. Unauthorized entries, or attempts to tailgate on an authorized entry, are deterred. The turnstile has a number of operational modes and features that provide a superb combination of security, safety and high user throughput.
Integrating the SU5000 optical turnstile into your facility is quick and easy. The SU5000 integrates with virtually any access control or visitor management system and accommodates a wide array of credential readers. Dedicated inputs for fire or life safety systems are provided and outputs are available to turn on cameras, lock interior doors and provide remote notification of alarm events. The result is a barrier optical turnstile that not only looks amazing, but provides superior access control and visitor management for facilities worldwide.
Alvarado’s GateKeeper Monitoring and Control software allows operational management of SU5000 optical turnstiles over a TCP/IP network. Among its many features, GateKeeper allows authorized personnel using a laptop, PC, tablet or similar device to change lane configurations and provide override activations for special circumstances such as visitors and deliveries. Passage directions can also be changed (and individual turnstiles opened or closed) at pre-defined times to increase passage flow or heighten security during busy or slow periods.
The embedded intelligence and advanced hardware of the SU5000 provides highly evolved safety features. The strategically placed safety sensors are constantly monitored to instantaneously stop the moving panels if a potential contact is detected. In the highly unlikely event of a contact, our powerful closed loop motor drive system detects the impact and immediately stops the moving panel. The drive system offers variable holding force of the panels to balance security with local life safety regulations. When the optical turnstile receives a fire/life safety input, the barriers open in the exit direction and remain open until reset. In the event of power loss, the barrier panels can be moved freely with very minimal force.
- Three panel height options
- Slimmest available cabinet width
- Same cabinet size for standard and handicapped width lanes
- Shared center cabinets to create multiple lane configurations
- Highly intuitive LED illuminated user graphics
- Crystal clear swinging and fixed side panels
- Multiple cabinet finish and lid color options
- Optional panel etching and illumination
- Advanced tailgating, wrong way and unauthorized presence detection
- Audio, visual and controller level feedback and alarm outputs
- Upload custom .wav files for alarm signals to notify nearby staff
- Brushless closed loop DC drive system
- Software adjustable panel holding force
- Multiple operation modes
- Designed for continued use and maintenance free performance
- Strategically placed safety sensors prevent panel impact with persons or objects
- Intelligent drive system and pinpoint control of moving panels
- Free egress in emergencies or loss of power
- Software adjustable panel holding force
- Modern design blends with any lobby to match corporate culture
- Slim cabinets equals more lanes in tighter spaces
- Transparent panels look great and increase visibility
- Cabinet and lid options match any décor
- Clear user interface graphics eliminate confusion
- Panel etching and illumination options provide unique branding opportunities
- Secures space and ensures only valid users gain entry
- Provides the ability to track who is in the facility
- Intuitive operation for attendants and users
- High access control throughput
- Quick and precise panel movement and alignment – no need for constant adjustments
- Integrates easily with 3rd party systems (i.e. cameras, guard signals)
- Easy to install and provides years of trouble free operation